Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Throwdown 110

DSCF2016

Hey everyone!  It’s Wednesday, it’s Color Throwdown day, and it’s my turn to be the hostess!  I chose these elegant colors today:

swatch 110

I love these colors but for some reason struggled each step of the way in making my card:

DSCF2017

First, I tried a sketch; then I tried a different image, nothing was coming together….ever have a day like that?  Oh well, as my boss used to say, “It is what it is!”  I did learn a cool technique from Jen Timko….ink up one of your acrylic blocks and stamp it directly on the cardstock….it creates a nice hazy square or rectangle, (reminiscent of Little Shapes), perfect to stamp your image over top.   Can you see it here?  I used Pink Pirouette ink:

DSCF2013

And I do like the Basic Gray medallion, which was spritzed with some silver Shimmer paint mixed with a little bit of alcohol:

DSCF2015

Those Antique brads are SO pretty—I even added a little pearl on top of this one to make it extra-special!  So let’s see what you can do with these colors---get yourself over to the CTD blog and play along….similar colors are acceptable!  All the details will be there, along with the other designers’ samples, or you can look at them here:

  • Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Occasional Quotes, Very Vintage Wheel
  • Paper:  WW, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink:  Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
  • Acc:  CB Embossing Folder, Nestie, Taffeta Ribbon, Antique Brads, Pinked Hearts Border Punch, Acrylic Block, Silver Shimmer Paint & Alcohol; Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals

Sneakin’ in another picture of my sweet little granddaughter, this time with my nephew who just got married:

111_4549

(My sister LOVES this picture!)  And that’s his wife peeking around the corner!  Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Sweet colors today, sweet card, and even SWEETER pic of the baby and your nephew!

Carol L said...

I love the colors and your card, but I'm out of razzleberry and light pink, so I'll have to sit this one out:( Great photo, what a moment!

Julia Aston said...

Nice colors LeAnne! love your Paris themed card with all the stampings! and your grandbaby is so sweet! I just got a grandnephew last week!

Laura Pryor said...

You can feel the love in that picture of your newphew and the baby. Such a nice picture! And your card is sooo cool! Loce the medallion and block-stamped background!!

Linda said...

I love these sweet colors. I know what I am doing when I get home.
That is the sweetest picture. I am sure I know why your sister loves the picture.

Broni said...

This is the most gorgeous and elegant card, LeAnne!! I would've never thought you struggled with it!! Love the effect of the stamping with the bare acrylic block too! Also love the great photo of that sweet little angel with your nephew!

Sonia said...

Hi LeAnne
Lovely baby picture.
I want to play with that colors. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Love the Eiffel Towel image.
Super Great Job!

Have a nice day.

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card, girl! Love how you added the Basic Gray. And what a SWEET picture!

dpkennedy said...

Your card is so elegant! I love the vintage brads! Oh, that picture is so sweet! Makes my heart melt!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne!!! Love how you stamped the images!!!

Your granddaughter is super cute...*congrats* on your new family addition!!! Hugs ~S~

Juanita said...

What an amazing card. There are so many fabulous details on here. i am just blown away!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful collage styling, LeAnne! I really think I need some of those antique brads now for sure! Adorable baby pic! I just love me some babies!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I absolutely LOVE your card...and this great color combo. The vintage images and those fabulous brads are amazing accents, too. Just gorgeous! :)
Anne Marie

PS: Your grandbaby is just precious!