Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ColourQ128, CCMC192

DSCF8026

Happy Tuesday to you!  It’s another ColourQ day!  Check out this cool geometric creation:

cqc128

I have to admit, although I love this pillow, and I love green, this challenge stumped me a bit!  I don’t normally send out St Patrick’s Day cards, but these greens just sent me in that direction!  So, I used the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary  for this week:

to create my CAS card:

CQC128-LeAnne

The card base is textured Very Vanilla, and my little leprechaun is from the Gift Givers set that was in the Holiday Mini….such a great versatile set, I am hoping they put it in the upcoming catalog!  I did some watercoloring (added some blue, hope that’s okay, Arielle!) and then popped him up:

DSCF8027

You can’t tell here, but his little gold coins were colored with a Zig Painty pen, so they are really gold!  I also added a stitched shamrock, using three hearts punched from the Triple Heart punch:

DSCF8028

I am just not too sure the shamrock style matches my leprehaun’s outline style, but it’s done and over!  But would it surprise you to know that I stamped another card before this one and I was not real happy it either?  Here we go:

DSCF8036

I think I would have preferred a white background….but it is good to step out of your creative box, right?  That’s it for today!  I hope you can come up with a creative way to use these colors and share them with us over at the ColourQ….and while you’re there, check out what the other designers have come up with as well! 

DSCF8031

Thanks for visiting!

20 comments:

June Houck said...

Super cute green cards :)

I love that cutie-patootie girl dressed in my favorite color combo and yummy polka dots!!!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

It is very interesting, you know we do not have this hollyday in Russia. Have a good day! Love, Nika

Frenchie said...

Good morning Ms LeeAnn, and what's wrong with your card ! I love it , colors go very well ! I think you did a supper job.
Tfs . And little ms Cassidy is just growing like a wees ! And soo pretty

Julie DiMatteo said...

Love your leprechaun card! The layout, the gold coins, and that stitching is divine! I need to practice more :).

Deb said...

Great cards!! I am loving the St. Patrick's Day card! How clever to stitch up some punched hearts for a shamrock!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Carol Lucas said...

I like both your cards! Good job with the greens. PS I like how you are enjoying your granddaughter!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such a super cute card!!! I LOVE the Gift Givers set! If you'd like you can see my Magic Card using this image: http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/2012/03/emilys-technique-swap-mini-magic-cards.html

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both fabulous LeAnne - particularly the first! I do like a bit of green!

Judy said...

The baby just keeps cuter and cuter.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the St. Paddy's Day card - such a sweet sketch and you did a great job with it! My hubby's b'day is St. Patrick's Day - so I send 2 cards that day - he has a twin sister :)

Nance Leedy said...

Both are wonderful LeAnne but I really love your st. patty's card. Love those stitched hearts and your coloring is perfection! So glad you joined us at CCMC!

Debbie Henderson said...

Such a cute way to portray St. Patrick's. Love the sewing! Thanks for participating with Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

Love both your cards and REALLY like your shamrock and how your stitched in the middle of each of the hearts! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Great cards this week. I especially love the little St. Pat's card. I like how the shamrock pops off hte page and your coloring is perfect! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

So cute...that leprechaun is darling holding the gold coins...don't know why I sold that set! The stitched hearts for the shamrock are darling, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh this little fella is sO cute! Love your sweet shamrock too!

theresa said...

I always enjoy seeing your sweet litle granddaughter! Such a cutie pie!!

The cards are just lovely also!!

Wondering how you made the flag tail on the card with the trees. I just cannot figure out how you made the extra little reverse notch in the center..hope you understand what I mean by my description!

Happy St Patty's Day!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card LeAnne, I love the shamrock!

Linda Fisher said...

Congratulations on making one of the picks for Paper Punch Addiction with your Leprehaun's card....BOTH cards are really CUTE!

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnn, both cards are fabbo! Hugs ~S~