Saturday, March 24, 2012

F4A109 Mermaid Birthday

DSCF6211 

A friend asked me to make a second birthday card for her granddaughter, and she likes mermaids.  This is what I came up with for her:

 DSCF6209

This is probably one of my favorite cards I ever made!  I just love the colors, the digital image and the background paper!  Of course, those little starfish are cute, too!  The three of them allowed this card to also qualify for the Free 4 All Challenge yesterday at SCS—Three or More!  It’s hard to see, but there are little sparkles on her “scales”:

DSCF6213

She was colored with Copics, and I used the SU colors of Pool Party, Peach Parfait and Calypso Coral for ink and cardstock.   Thanks for visiting today!

DH made Cassidy a really nice little sandbox!

DSCF0041

DSCF0043

11 comments:

Kim S said...

Every little thing is just perfect! The dp choices are wonderful with the "bubbles" and the "scales". Your border punch looks like the edge of a mermaid tail. The colors are perfect! I can definitely see why it is one of your favorites.

Betty Benton said...

I can see why you like this card -- the colors are gorgeous and that is the cutest little mermaid -- she just wouldn't be the same without the sparkly scales!!

Unknown said...

Love the card!! The colors are beautiful and the background papers are perfect!!
Your little sweetie looks tickled with her sandbox, too!! Very cute!

Carol Lucas said...

Lovely card! Your DSP goes perfectly with the little mermaid image. Nice!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh yes, time for sandboxes - yippee! Cassidy is going to love hers.
Your card today is adorable. This little mermaid is sweet. Such fun colours. Your colouring is perfect.

Christina said...

Eek! This is adorable, LeAnne, and your coloring is fantastic! So, so cute!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a lovely card LeAnne and will be treasured I'm sure. I love watching to see what you and Cassidy get up to - it takes me back to when my children were tots!

Cathymac said...

Squeee! LeAnne...this is just the cutest! I love the papers and colors! The inverted scallop punch mimics the scales on her tail...everything is perfect! And speaking of perfect...that face of Cassidy's is adorable! You catch her with the best expressions!

Unknown said...

oh gosh, I **LOVE** this, too! SO cute, and the soft colors are fab. I can see her glittery scales! Too precious, you are sweet to give this little masterpiece away:) Big hugs!

Denise Willerton said...

this card is SO sweet LeAnne ~ and there is just something about a sandbox...Dean built one for the grandsons as well, so once it warms up a bit ~ we'll be digging and having a blast ~ have a wonderful weekend!

Linda Fisher said...

Oh Taegan, I love your Mermaid Birthday card!!! The colors just make you want to swim all about!!! I'm trying to figure out who is having the best time Cassidy or her Grandpa!