Friday, March 2, 2012

More Simply Scored


I've got a couple cards today, both using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, similar to yesterday's creation.  The first one was for the SCS F4A106 challenge from yesterday, which was to use blue flowers.  I paired Pool Party with Tempting Turquoise and some Sweet Shop DP to make this:


The flowers from Fabulous Florets and the butterfly from Kindness Matters were stamped in white craft ink on vellum, then embossed with white EP and colored with markers from behind.  The sentiment from Petite Pairs and the butterfly were then mounted on a panel that was diagonally embossed.  I just love this whole effect!  The second one just uses a panel embossed in a diamond pattern and embellished with DP hearts:


I also used the Adorning Accents Embossing Folders and Edgelits dies.  Here's a closer peek:


I love these colors!!!  If you have any questions about the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate or any SU products, please be sure to shoot me an email!  

One little monkey jumpin' on the bed!!!




10 comments:

Rita W said...

These are both gorgeous, LeAnne! I love what you are doing with that plate.

Renee said...

I love these cards! So pretty :)


I'm putting an order together :)

Pam~ said...

Stunning cards, LeAnne! Love what you've done with the new Diagonal Plate! Your flowers on the first card are beautiful! Stamping and coloring on vellum is such a pretty technique!

Cassidy looks like she is having so much fun! Oh, to be young again ...

Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. That is a beautiful effect to use white on the vellum and emboss it with EP. I have to try that. It is so pretty.
Oh be careful with that jumping on the bed. We know what happen to the monkey in the end! LOL

Betty Benton said...

Love those vellum flowers and butterfly -- just gorgeous! Oh, the joys of jumping on a bed.....

Jodi said...

Both of these are so pretty, but I'm really lovin the 2nd card. The colors are so pretty & I just love all the little heart details. I always forget to use my scoring board to add little details to my cards. Must remember that. I have the sweet shop goodies in line for my next order.

Linda Fisher said...

Gorgeous cards on all counts! AND Cassidy, I wish I had your energy!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love both of these cards LeAnne. Beautiful spring colours. Your flowers and butterfly on the first card are stunning. The scoring is so pretty. Love the hearts on the second card and the diamond scoring.
Cassidy looks like she is having such a fun time. She is so adorable.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just oredered that score plate today! Whoo hoo! I really like the extra pop of detail it adds to your pretty cards. How can you not smile after seeing those shots of Cassidy?! She looks like she is having a blast! :)

Carol Maynard said...

Soooooooo pretty! I love how your getting such great use out of the scoring plate! I just recieved mine and can't wait to start playing! By the way your grand daughter is gorgeous!