Monday, March 19, 2012

Paper Players 87 #2 & HSS109

DSCF8097
Some of us Paper Players team members had rainbows on our minds this week!  This was the card I was going to post, although it wasn’t my first idea!  You can see that one here. I needed a thank you card for a customer, and when I saw the Handstamped Sentiments challenge this week, which was “rainbows”, another little idea clicked in my head:
PP87-LeAnne
I don’t think I have ever done a card in colors of the rainbow….technically, this is not all the colors  and in the correct order, but I used what I had! (By the way, if you want a cool way to remember the colors, check out Linda’s card here!!  Who knew?)  The butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings embosslit and each one has its own little floral button:
DSCF8098-1
This also loosely uses the Fall to Layout #181!  I did add an embossed panel on which to “hang” my butterflies, and used the Billboard alphabet for my sentiment.  Thanks for visiting today and be sure to stop back tomorrow for the ColourQ!!!
DSCF8129
Not quite what we had in mind when we set up the table for her!

16 comments:

Linda Fisher said...

LOVE those ideas that just seem to click in your head!!! One SWEET card for sure. The buttons are a perfect touch. Cassidy takes after her Grandmother and her creativity!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I love this sweet card! The colors just pop off the clean, white background and the texture is a beautiful touch. Too cute! Happy Monday, my friend! Hugs! :)

Linda said...

Very pretty card! I want a tutorial on how you made the embossing folder smaller. I know that tulip one is bigger that that and I don's see were you cut it. I love the way the butterflies are stitched together. Soooo cool. Another wonderful card Ms LeAnne.

LeroyLime said...

LeAnne,

Such a fun whimsical card, this would be so cute framed in a little girls room! Love your sweet banner of butterflies and coordinating buttons. Fresh and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

And when did your little sweetheart get so big! Love her little table and chairs!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Good morning. I love this card. Those rainbows butterflies are so pretty and make me think of spring for sure. I love the buttons on them too - how did you get such perfect matches. The "thanks" done in the same colours is perfect. I hope you'll allow me to case this one as it would a perfect thank you card for my niece who always does my work for me when I go away.
I love Cassidy's pink shoes:)

barb mann said...

LeAnne your card is smashing! I love the butterflies, bright color, buttons and how you shortened up the embossing folder. Super nice!

barb mann said...

It's Me again... Forgot to mention how grown up Miss Cassidy has gotten. Such a Cutie!

Reny said...

I just love how you put this card together! Bright colors, butterflies, embossing... It's beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

This buttoned up butterflies are so sweet! Beautiful card! So glad you and Roy are now friends :) And I see Miss C. is wearing a rainbow herself!

None None said...

Love these butterflies, LeAnne!

Speaking of butterflies, I just saw some while I was outside with Ms. Lexi for her pre-dnner constitutional. So weird to see them in Marcch!!!

Erika Clark said...

Love at first sight! Your butterflies with buttons are so clever!

Pam~ said...

Awesome colorful card ... I adore this! It makes me smile and those butterflies are so darn cute! Did I say how much I adore this card, LeAnne? I really do LOVE it!

inkedx2 said...

This is adorable! I love the white on white with the embossing. Those colorful butterflies are so fun. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Unknown said...

Haha! These kids! Who needs to sit in a chair, right? ;) LOVE this pretty card, LeAnne, I love the rainbow look, and all that gorgeous texture makes it an A++ in my book! :) **hugs**

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love the colorful butterfly banner! This is gorgeous LeAnne!

Shelley said...

How cute is this? You've taken the banner card to a new level with these adorable butterflies!