Saturday, March 3, 2012

TSSC210


I am stamping today when I should be doing a lot of other things, so I'll make this quick!  This card is really out of my comfort zone as it uses some shades that I don't normally turn to:  River Rock and Garden Green. I added Crumb Cake which I love, but the whole effect is rather somber.  But I didn't want to toss it, so I persevered, using Mary Jo's sketch for this week:

And here it is:


AFTER I finished my card, I realized that Mary Jo also used a butterfly on hers....I swear I wasn't trying to copy, but it seemed like a perfect addition!!! LOL!  I used Apothecary Art, stamped in Garden Green and colored with Lucky Limeade ink and a blender pen.  I just had some other pieces laying around on my desk so I embossed and punched them to finish it up.  Of course, even with a Stamp-a-ma-jig, I still stamped my sentiment crooked, so I restamped, cut & popped it up.

I wanted to share with you something I received in the mail from my friend Nika in Russia.  It just goes to show how the web can bring people together who would NEVER be able to meet each other in person!  She has a women's ministry in her area and they do sewing, stamping and crafts while she shares God's word to them.  She has two beautiful daughters and the Lord just blessed her family with a very chubby little baby boy!!!  You can see him (and the rest of her blog) here.  Anyway, her gift was a nice card, a lovely tea towel and a bar of chocolate (which is long gone):

I want to show you a closeup of the package of chocolate:
and a picture of Cassidy from before Christmas:
A bit of a resemblance, don't you think?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Paper Players challenge!!

15 comments:

jengd said...

Sweet little card! Love all of the kraft paper! And there's definitely a resemblance there from the wrapper to Cassidy! Too funny! As I recall, that's not the first. I guess she has a very classic look... maybe a bit of modelling is in her future. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the River Rock/Garden Green combination LeAnne and I'm yearning for the Apothecary Art set! I think Cassidy has the edge over the wrapper to be honest...!

Sherry Eckblad said...

beautiful card LeAnne. How was the chocolate bar?

Bev J. said...

Love those colors together-challenges are great to get us to try new things.

Cassidy is so cute and they both have that wide-eyed look.

Bev J. said...

Love those colors together-challenges are great to get us to try new things.

Cassidy is so cute and they both have that wide-eyed look.

Darlene Gabriel said...

So glad you persevered - this is so pretty. This combo would be out of my comfort zone too. I like the embossed butterfly and the punched border strips.
That's too funny that Cassidy resembles the chocolate wrapper.

Denise Willerton said...

I Love what you've done here LeAnne ~ I still haven't used my Apothecary Art yet...can you believe that! how was the chocolate..and yes the resemblance is incredible!

Linda said...

You say somber, but I say serene. I give you credit for venturing out of "the zone" - something I have a hard time with. The crumb cake was the perfect shade for a bit of balance.

So cool about the wrapper - did you share the chocolate with Cassidy?

Unknown said...

When I first glanced at the photo, I thought that **was** an illustration of Cassidy! Such a resemblance, that is crazy!! Your card is beautiful, I did the same thing today, played hooky from my housework to play! ;) Love all the texture, and that striped border is too perfect! Thanks so much for all the encouragement! It's really very appreciated from someone that I look up to so much. :) (big hugs)

Snowmanlover said...

Yes big resemblance. Before I read about the drawing on the chocolate bar, I thought it was a drawing of your grand daughter!
Beautiful Card!
Barb

Linda said...

When I first saw the candy bar I thought it as a drawing of Cassidy or that you got a stamp made with her face. Very cool!
I love the card. I was surprised that the colors were out of your comfort zone. It really turn out great!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

My dear sister! I am very happy that you like it!!! It is a gift from heaven have you like a friend! Love from Russia, Nika.

dpkennedy said...

This is very pretty! I love the muted colors! Great resemblance too Cassidy-too funny!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I love how you colored the image on Crumb Cake. You were the one who inspired me to try that out with the snowman stamp set. I think it gives such a great look to an image...and now I'm inspired again. :)

What a sweet gift from your friend! I can't get over the resemblance to little Cassidy on that chocolate wrapper! Wow!

MJ said...

How fun! That does look like her! I am so glad you did stamp because I love this card. Love all the stamping on the crumb cake! Great job with the sketch, thanks so much for playing along!